10.08.2008

Overkill

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday, I vacuumed and cleaned out the van while the kids got some fresh air. With various week-old sippy cups, articles of clothing, shoes, trash and toys our van was smelling rather "pleasant" so I broke out some The Body Shop home fragrance oil. A nice pumpkin nectarine scent for the fall. I got some cotton face pads and liberally doused them in the scent before tucking them in discreet spots throughout the van.
With the heat going this morning on the way to school, our ride smelled like a homey candle shop and Austin noticed. "What's that smell?", he asked (neither a good nor a bad reaction). I explained to him what I had done and I thought that was the end of it until I arrived to pick him up after the end of his day. On average, we wait 20 minutes in the pick-up line every day as his teacher loads the students into their awaiting rides. As Austin finally climbed into the van he announced, "I could smell the van before I could see you!"
At least no one can accuse our van of smelling like a garbage dump!

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Awesome idea! I love The Body Shop oils and use them exclusively! I will have to look for some good fall scents and may even use your idea of putting it into the car. How long do u notice it for?

Leslie Collins said...

That is so funny. What a good idea. I never thought about using oils for the car. I might have to give that a try. Glad to hear that you enjoyed some nice weather.