9.28.2010

Just A Hunch

I just knew that the lady behind the counter, the one dubbed "krazy paint lady" thought maybe she wasn't the crazy one when I told her that I wanted a "small" can of paint. For the moment, the term "quart" escaped my mind and all I could think of was "pint". Except I wasn't at the bar, I was at Home Depot. And the fact that I was completely clueless as to what finish I wanted (just something "really shiny") and not being able to decide on whether or not I wanted primer based paint... yeah, that pretty much sealed her assumption.
I just knew that the friendly Home Depot man regretted his offer of assistance the moment this high~heeled boot wearing mama clomped past him looking for beadboard. Hands full of paint and supplies, it was obvious I was on a mission. A mission I felt come to a screeching halt as I stood before the beadboard because it was in sheets of (maybe) 6'X4' and I only needed 2 sections of 42 1/2" X 7 1/2' and 2 sections of 10" X 7 1/2" (or something like that). So FHDM (friendly Home Depot man) offered to cut it down to size (apparently a service they provide... who knew?) if I purchased the entire sheet.
I just knew that FHDM was thinking, "lady, take your boots and your fake Prada handbag and go back to where you came from" when I whipped out my measurements and told him, "these probably aren't exact but this is what I think I need".
I just knew that FHDM was slightly glad he was dealing with a nut case when the one board came out a teensy bit longer than what was supposed to be and upon his offer to do re~cut, I shrugged him off with a "naw, I'll probably have to pound these in with my hammer anyways... I mean little rubber mallet thingy".
I just knew that the FHDM was thinking this blonde must dye her hair brunette as he watched me tip tap away in my heels, all the ingredients for a perfect minor turned major home project disaster balanced precariously on some sort of wheelie cart thingy I was pushing toward checkout.
But, I just know that the white with lattice in~lay coffee table type piece of furniture in my basement in going to look great as a black with beadboard in~lay coffee table type piece of furniture in my living room.
I just know.

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

oohhh...what are you working on? miss you!!! lets have a playdate soon.

btw...i totally know which lady and yes, she is crazy! hahah.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Oh I cant wait to see the before and after pics! ;) yes, you must show them!