1.28.2013

I've Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart

Yesterday, the kids sat in with the adults during Sunday morning church service. As our pastor began his message, he asked us, "What is it that robs you of your joy?" As I mentally started a joy~robbing checklist of my own, Lexi leaned over to me and said, "Doing the dishwasher". In complete serious. I almost laughed out loud because "doing the dishwasher" entails rotating the unloading of the top rack, bottom rack, silverware basket with her brother and sister. This is tough stuff for a six year old;) Despite the problems, the worries, and the heavy burdens that threaten to rob me of my joy, I can always find a reason to smile when I'm with this precious gift from God. She makes me laugh. And if you're worried that she's walking around with a long face because she's just been asked to unload her part of the dishwasher again, don't be. This girl is resilient, even in the aftermath of her joy~robbing dishwasher duties. Just like we should be, too.

No comments: