6.20.2014

Homesick

Oh, how I miss Louisiana! I could make a list that goes on and on with things that I miss about "home". We didn't even live there a full 2 years, and yet how quickly the South and the people and the things that, well, just "made" Louisiana what it is just grew on us. 

I'm jonesin' for some Louisiana big time and it's gotten me into a rather long funk. And then an epiphany last night (actually something I've known all along, but just not willing to accept~ I mean, every momma deserves a good pity party now and then.... right? ;) ) 

I've decided that no amount of longing or wishing is going to put me back where I most want to be right now. I must move forward. Onward into this new adventure that will be our life in Tennessee. So last night while I was out walking Ed I started making a list of the things I like better in TN~ the power of positive thinking & all that jazz~ ya know? So here it is:
  1. I like that the girls don't have to share a room. Here in TN they have their own spaces.
  2. I like that Tom has an office and he's not crammed into a corner of our bedroom with all things work related.
  3. I like that there is a beautiful park and playground within walking distance for the kids to enjoy.
  4. I like my dishwasher. Finally, a machine that actually makes dirty dishes clean. Seriously, I *heart* this dishwasher.
So there it is.  It's a start, anyways...


No comments: