6.30.2008

Been Awhile...

Wow! I think it's been close to 2 weeks since I last posted. The fam has just been hangin' out enjoying summer. Here's a quick recap of the last week:


  • Monday: Austin started basketball camp out at Columbia Central with his cousin Anna. He was so psyched! Each of the kids got their very own b-balls and a tee shirt. His illustrious path to an NBA career has begun! We grilled out and the kids played all nite in the backyard~ a classic summer evening.






  • Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I worked~ blah!

  • Wednesday after dropping Austin off at camp, the girls and I headed over to my grandpa and grandma's. We hung out for the morning and even scored an amazing breakfast. My grandma is an amazing cook, but this time we enjoyed my grandpa's cooking. My mom went with me to pick up Austin and we stopped at a local farm to visit with 9 adorable golden retriever puppies. The kids thought they were great!

  • Thursday was the last day of b-ball camp. Austin received a trophy for being "free throw champ" of the K-2nd grade boys. He was absolutely thrilled. Can ya tell?







  • Friday began the start of my 4 day weekend. This time, I was the one who was psyched! I'm trying to find a toddler bed for Lexi so I've been searching the garage sale ads. I stopped at a couple of promising sales with no luck. I did get Hungry Hippos and Don't Spill the Beans, a porcelain tea set for Audrey and Lexi, and a turtle sandbox.

  • Saturday Tom and I picked up a surprise for the kids from my aunt and uncle. A full size air hockey table. The thing is a beast but we managed to wrestle it into... the dining room. So much for the Pottery Barn inspired "look" I was going for. This is only its temporary resting place, because as soon as I have my garage sale, we'll have room in Tom's man room for it.

  • Sunday we went to church and enjoyed a potluck dinner. Austin and Audrey headed straight for the sandbox as soon as we got home and we ended up spending the whole day outside. Tom and I got some much needed yard work done and the kids had a blast running back and forth between their pool, swing set, and sand box. We grilled for dinner and ate on the deck so the kids didn't come in till bath time at 7:30. I put the kids to bed and headed downstairs to organize my scrapbook room (pics on that to come later=)


So that was our week in review. It feels like we're slowly starting to settle into our summer routine (as we should since July is tomorrow!)



2 comments:

Julie said...

It's good to see that you haven't abandoned your blog. I've been checking everyday to see if you've posted. :)
About the toddler bed that you're looking for...the Jackson_Swap_Shop always has ads for toddler beds. I've seen a few recently. You could join the group (for free) online and check it out yourself. I could always keep my eye open for one too and let you know if there are any for sale.
Anyways, good to see you back!

Julie said...

Hey, do you have a new email address? I've tried emailing you an ad from the swap shop and it won't go through. Let me know what your new address is. You can email me at jalyn@team-national.com.