5.17.2010

Deep Thoughts

The wheels in Audrey's head were turning this morning. Right away she started talking about God and how Jesus is His son, but mommies have babies. I can see where this is going and it's not quite 9am and I haven't had my coffee yet. I'm not ready to use my brain. But she's been thinking. And I find it amazing that someone so young intrinsically knows that God's perfect plan for her life includes babies after marriage. (Because even though the kids know how babies are born, they still don't know how babies are made. {Whew!} And because they don't know how babies are made they don't understand why it's best that mommies and daddies should be married before having children. Or should be married before even practicing;) So Audrey isn't thinking like an adult, she's thinking like a 5 year old and she knows that something is a little off or missing. So she finally just says, "Is there a Mrs. God?"
And so began our discussion of the Trinity... Is the coffee made yet?

No comments: