8.26.2010

I'll Try Harder Next Time (*sigh*)

Lexi got these really cool Crayola sidewalk crayons for her birthday. Bold, bright, vibrant colors. I couldn't wait to try them out. We doodled a birthday message on the sidewalk to greet her party guests Monday nite. On Tuesday, a friend called over and asked both Audrey and Austin to stay the nite (in addition to her 5. Ummmm, ok, whatever... if you want 7 kids, 7 and under for 24 hours... oookay. Seriously though, Teresa is a cool mom, totally laid back and chill. My kids had a blast at her house!) Anyways, that left me and Lexi alone and in the driveway with the new chalks Tuesday afternoon. I became quite engrossed in my art project and created a beautiful rainbow, which I announced with a "ta~da!!!" Lexi, barely glancing up from her own masterpiece says (in a very grown~up, bored voice), "I am not impressed." Well, excuse me then. Next time I'll keep my brilliance to myself.