6.18.2012

Bits & Pieces

One of my facebook friends quoted a few verses from Psalm 37 today. {There are several in this passage that I love!} So I decided I'd revisit the psalmist's words tonite. I had several lines already underlined with my notes penned into the margins. It's funny how the same passage of Scripture can mean different things during different seasons of life. These words stood out to me and seemed so very relevant to some things God's bringing us through right now:
           Trust in the LORD and do good.
                Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. {vs. 3}      
           Take delight in the LORD,
                and he will give you your heart's desires. {vs. 4}
           Commit everything you do to the LORD.
                Trust him, and he will help you. {vs. 5}
           Be still in the presence of the LORD,
                and wait patiently for him to act. {vs. 7}
               (not one of my strong points;)
           .... but the LORD takes care of the godly. {vs. 17}
           .... He delights in every detail of their lives. {vs. 23}
           .... for the LORD holds them by the hand. {vs. 24}
Promises to claim!!!

No comments: