12.07.2012

Just Randomness

I was going through some drawers in the kitchen today and found some papers I had tucked away. Notes I had jotted down and a card I had received. The notes are almost 3 years old. I came across them a couple of weeks ago when I was picking up in the girls' room (not sure how they ended up there) but the memories of my 5 year old Miss Audrey made me smile. The first was a quote from her on the morning of her fifth birthday. She woke up, we sang, and then she declared, "I don't feel like I'm 5". I love how little minds work, but I was slightly disappointed at her disappointment of not waking up and magically feeling older, bigger, and more grown up. 

The second Audrey~ism I stumbled upon took me back to a time when our morning routine anytime we were trying to get ready to go out the door and mommy was pretty stressed was a battle of wills and lack of patience. My girl is all about comfort and jeans don't exactly meet the criteria in her book. One particularly rough morning (where I'm sure we had already had multiple wardrobe changes) I finally managed to wrestle her into a pair of jeans. Boy, was she mad! Out of complete frustration and anger she exclaimed, "But I can't even toot in these!" (Did I mention her comfort criteria also includes the ability to pass gas while dressed?) God knows we all need a little humor in our lives with the frantic mommy times being when I need it most. He gave me that moment when Audrey threw that little tidbit out and it did just the trick. I calmed down, I even laughed, and then I took the time to jot it down.

Know what else God is good at? Loving His children. Even though the Bible is full of promises for His children to claim and He has never failed on making good on His promises, I still sometimes need to be reminded of this. The doubts and worries of every day life tend to creep in and before I know it my thoughts are consumed by them. The card I came across in the drawer was sent at exactly the right time by an anonymous someone who was used by God to be an encouragement to me. It was a reminder of His faithfulness during an unusually unsettled time in my life. Just like a quiet whisper from God Himself saying, "Hey, I've got you. I'm going to get you through this. Just trust me". 

Ok, that's it for now. Today has just flown by and it's pick up time for the kiddos. But I thought they could wait a few more minutes while I shared my heart with you;) If none of my ramblings make sense to you, blame it on my rush to get out the door and lack of time to sit and compose a thoroughly thought out post. Whew, what a day!!!  Sonic Happy Hour is calling my name. The Hosmers love Fridays!:)

No comments: