8.01.2015

Summer 2k15~ Day 43

After some morning crafting fun with friends {I forgot to take pics of the girls & their projects} we headed to Jackson to roller skate with the cousins. 

The skating rink has been around since I was a kid {& it's pretty much exactly the same since I made many childhood memories there myself}. 

Some things never change. 

I got in some chat time with my sweet SIL & MIL in between hysterically laughing at the kiddos' attempts to stay upright & on all 8 wheels and watching them make their own fun memories.





After surviving our skating experience with only minimal bumps & bruises to show for our time in the rink, we caught up with friends we hadn't seen in 2 years. 

It took exactly 2 minutes to make up for time lost before I heard giggles from the girlies and, well..... Austin disappeared upstairs with the other guys before I was barely in the back door. 

Later, we headed to a local lake for some swimming, knee boarding, & kayaking. The kiddos left the water long enough to inhale their pizza while the adults enjoyed a front row seat to a gorgeous summer sunset. 




As we lingered at the beach I caught myself thinking. These are my people. 

And it's good to be back. 


No comments: