11.05.2015

Summer 2k15~Day 59

Summer is long past in Hosmerville but I am determined to finish out our summer fun posts. It'll be a slow but sure catch up.....

This day on the calendar had been taunting all of us Hosmers for WEEKS. We are just slightly excited for the newest member of our family to join us this December. And as if that wasn't long enough of a wait already, my brother & sister~n~law had to go & be mean & not announce the baby's gender after they had the ultrasound. 

For. Three. Whole. Weeks. 

The time up until the gender reveal party was torture. They wouldn't even give us one tiny hint. I couldn't even get the secret out of Moose the dog. They were too good at this secret keeping stuff. 

So we headed to the west side to FINALLY find out what baby M is. I was Team Girl all the way. I mean, there are some things that aunties just intuitively know. 

So imagine my surprise when I tore into my cupcake to find a BLUE center. It seriously took me a couple seconds to process why my frosting was blue for a girl. 

There was much celebration all around, especially from Austin who needs another boy in the family. And, well, because mom & dad aren't giving him a brother, he'll happily settle for a cousin. 

And I'm just ecstatic that I'll be able to inhale that newborn baby smell. Boy or girl, they all smell sweet & fresh & absolutely delicious. 

At least for the first year or two. 












No comments: