11.07.2015

Vegas, Baby!

I'm beginning to realize that if I have any hopes of exploring the world beyond Michigan that these opportunities will most likely come in the form of traveling with Tom on his business trips.

Not exactly romantic vacations, but we'll take it when we can. More often than not, I'm entirely too consumed with everything involved in the day~to~day duties of operating Hosmerville. 

But this trip happened to land on a week in which the calendar wasn't completely inked in with obligations, appointments, & events. Add in a grandma who jumped at the chance to be the kiddos' personal chauffeur, maid, & playmate for the week & there was no reason to not spend a week in Vegas with Tom. 

Lest you be jealous of my time away, let's be perfectly clear & understand that this trip wasn't done in "glamorous traveler" style. Nope. This trip was more along the lines of "momma Hosmer escapes all forms of life responsibilities" style. And I was perfectly okay with that. 

Just sleeping in a big, squishy hotel bed without one pressing thing on my agenda for multiple days in a row is vacation enough for me. So these were the highlights of my time away~

I slept in. 

I had Starbucks. Every. Morning.

I {obviously} gave some much needed attention to the blog. 

I uploaded 1200+ pictures from my phone to Snapfish. No more irritating messages that I can't take a picture because my storage is full. 

I spent some time at the Canyon Ranch Spa Club. Are you envisioning me with cucumber slices over my eyes, mud on my face, a masseuse at my side? Yeah, that's not exactly what went down. I just find that saying I went to the spa is more glamorous than saying that I sweat for an hour on the cardio machines. Which is what I did. 

Tom & I ate i<3burgers .="" three="" times.="">

Dante burger with fried pickles & a caramel corn milkshake. 

We dined at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab. Twice. Incredible meals. Stone crab. King crab. Filet mignon. Loaded hash brown potatoes. Mac~n~cheese. Roasted Brussels sprouts. A really great Cabernet. The best banana cream pie with fosters sauce I have ever had. Havana dream pie the second night. A crazy good mess of dulce de leche cake with caramel drizzle, strawberry slices, & fresh whipped cream. The stuff my food dreams are made of. 

The view from our room. The sun was shining but it was an unusually cold week in Vegas. No poolside lounging for me. 

Loved the fall decor in the hotel's lobbies. I wanted to take more pictures, but you guessed it, my storage was full. 

 Couldn't take a selfie without cutting Tom's head off. Clearly, I need some practice with my angles. 

Or I can just let Tom handle the picture taking duties.  Whatever. 

No comments: