2.04.2009

New Year, New Look

First off, Eddy seems to be back to his normal self. We've held off on treats to give his stomach a rest and he hasn't gotten sick since Monday morning. I made sm'ookies yesterday and let me just say... holy butterscotch chip cookies, batman!!! These things were seriously amazing! Warm from the oven with a melted milk chocolate and marshmallow filling~ yummy!!! Like a smore but better=)
Well, I promised pics of my newly painted kitchen, oh... a month ago and here they (finally) are! I picked the green color before we moved in not realizing how dark the back of the house usually is (not a whole lot of natural sunlight). About a year and a half ago we converted the what-was-the-formal-dining-room-turned-playroom back into a dining room and repainted the dark blue walls "stony mountain". It was amazing how much a new coat of paint brightened up the space. Ever since then I've been wanting to repaint the kitchen but was putting it off because I didn't want to have to paint the paneling and paint around the appliances and cabinets. I finally determined to get this project done and asked for gift cards for Christmas to help fund the expense. The paint color doesn't have a name. Tom took in a ribbon that I absolutely loved and had Home Depot color match it in their computer. The final result is a bit brighter than what I was imagining (it was closer to the ribbon color before it dried) but I love the way it gives my kitchen a whole new look. So...

BEFORE:


AFTER: Originally, this was going to be a simple paint job but Tom had this James Dean picture that we ended up putting on the big blank wall which inspired us to go "retro". See the metal magnet board under the phone? I didn't put that back up (I took it for my scrapbook room, ha ha=). We moved all of the magnets over to the garage door.








And some new kitchen accessories for our retro theme:









This is command central. I found the fabric at Jo~Ann's to cover our cork board. I'm not sure if this is "retro" but I like the print. So, what do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE blue =) looks great (even though I've already seen it :) See you all next weekend it sounds like? should be fun!

Leslie Collins said...

I really love the blue. Oh, your toaster is very cool.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Love the new look and all the accessories! Great job on it!

Kristin said...

I love the color!!!! it looks great!:)