10.30.2009

Supermom Has Found Her Limit

8:04 am. Crap!!! That's how my day began. School starts at 8:20 and I still have 3 sleeping kids to dress and load in the van before driving Austin across town for school. How am I gonna pull this one off? Austin's getting hot lunch and he's the only one to have to actually get dressed today. Thank goodness it's Friday and Audrey doesn't go to school. We might just make it. In the past, if I have overslept, we can still manage to somehow make it. Today we didn't. 8:04 is approximately one minute too late to get out of bed and still get everyone to school on time. But my kids are getting used to their overly~tired mommy crashing into their rooms, waking them up, demanding that they get dressed NOW because we are going to be late! Audrey, my morning meltdown queen, was half comatose as I put her in her car seat. The thought that maybe I should always wait till the last minute to get her up and out the door briefly crossed my mind. Maybe sleepy minds are just too incoherent to protest. This may be the key.
Anyways, I hung out in the front drive of the school after I dropped Austin off, waiting to hear the tardy bell ring. I didn't. Which means that Austin was tardy. Dang it! Not the great start to my weekend I was looking for. So now I'm attempting to restart my day. I've got to make a trip to Onsted sometime before cheerleading practice at 3. Austin has both soccer practice and his final game tonite. There are pumpkins waiting to be carved into jack~o~lanterns and caramels and apples to make a special treat tonite. And then of course there's the usual, laundry to be done, beds to be made, a dishwasher to unload, kids' rooms to un~bury from the most recent explosion of toys. I must get going. My day is waiting for a restart.

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

You are still a supermom in my eyes. :)