10.05.2009

Short And Sweet

it's been awhile, thought I'd quickly try to catch up:
  • Austin scored his first goal in soccer, he's loving the weekly practices and games. I'm praying the weather stays nice so I don't look like the wimpy mom watching the game from the comforts of her van.
  • Audrey was able to spend a full day at preschool for the first time last week. The highlights of her day included lunch and nap time on the "bouncy beds".
  • I taught a mini science lesson to 6 different groups of young 5's, kindergartners, and 1st graders as they rotated thru learning centers on their educational field trip last week. I was one the stupid moms who didn't notice that it was a chilly 31* outside when I sent my son off with merely a hoodie and jeans. No mittens, no hat, no winter coat. He was in the second group that came to hear my lesson on frogs and ponds and he declared "this is the worst field trip EVER! Can we leave?" Lucky for us the sun eventually came out and warmed us all up.
  • I blew happened to be driving Tom's Cutty when the right rear brake blew out, and then a couple of days later, a truck passing the other way threw a stone up on my windshield (which left a ginormous chip). Not a good week to be driving with me.
  • Audrey spent the nite with Katy at grandpa and grandma Hosmer's. It's amazing how much easier it is with one less kid, but I missed her so much.
  • Austin is out of school with his first cold~induced asthma attack. I'm hoping we can treat this quickly and get him back in the classroom tomorrow.
  • It's Monday and I'm just trying to play catch~up from the busy weekend: laundry, dishes, paperwork, etc., etc.... Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

Hope all is well! Miss you guys! Hope to see you soon. :)