6.24.2015

Summer 2k15~ Day 19

I'm sitting here, enjoying coffee & the quiet of the morning after sending all 3 kiddos off on adventures yesterday. 

After months of anticipation, Audrey headed off for a week at camp with her cousin Katy. I went to the same camp, oh..... 27 years ago? It was my first summer adventure away & I loved it! I can't wait to hear all about her cabin mates & counselor, games, arts~n~crafts, & chapel times. I kinda wish I didn't have to be an adult & I could go too! And I'm pretty sure that Ed is trying to tell her in this pic that he would make a great camp mascot~



Lexi & Austin settled in at their grandpa & grandma Hosmer's for a week o' fun. Lexi really wanted to go to camp too but it was all kinda last minute with planning & we weren't able to get any of her friends to be her camp buddy. I didn't want her going by herself & I didn't want her being the third wheel to Audrey & Katy's dynamic duo so she had to sit this year out with the promise that next year we'll plan ahead so she can get in on all the summer camp action. Her grandma offered to have her over for the week to help ease the disappointment of being left out of the camping fun & at the last moment her brother decided to join her. 

So here I sit, kidless for almost a whole week. Ed's not quite sure of what to think of this quiet house & he's already missing the freely handed out snacks. 

Me? It hasn't even been a full 24 hours & I'm missing the kiddos like crazy, but with a dirty, messy house & an overgrown garden & landscape, I think I'll be able to find something to occupy these next few quiet days.....

No comments: