6.18.2015

The Struggle Is Real

Audrey has been busy doing laundry duty to earn spending money for her week at camp. 

With kiddos that toss anything & everything into the dirty clothes so that their rooms are "clean", laundry is never ending. Add to that a washer that constantly spins unbalanced & attempts to fix itself {with a slim~to~none success rate}, Tuesday & Friday laundry days are the most dreaded days of the week. 

So when Audrey volunteered to fold Mt Laundry I figured I might as well reward her for her efforts. I was already planning on sending a bit of camp cash along with her {but she didn't know that....}

She was thrilled with the money. I was thrilled that laundry was folded and put away. A "win~win", really. 

She volunteered to help me every laundry day until she left for camp. Score!

So I headed off to the gym last nite leaving Audrey enthusiastically folding clothes. 

For real. 

This is fun for her. 

She promised to have all 6 baskets done by the time I got back. And she did. 

Until I got home & promptly dumped my sweaty gym attire into the dirty laundry basket. 

"Mom!", she sighed, all exasperated.  " I just got done with all the laundry!"

Welcome to my world, Miss Audge. 

Welcome to my world. 

No comments: