3.02.2008

MIA

I'm back... briefly. It's been close to 2 weeks that I've been absent in blog land and I've begun to feel a little guilty from being so neglectful. So much has happened and I don't have nearly enough time to elaborate. (this year for Lent I haven't completely given up the Internet, but I have so boldly declared to spend less than a half hour a day online, yikes- what was I thinking!!! This might actually be harder than the year I limited desserts. So this is one excuse for my absence). The other? Life around Hosmerville has been a matter of survival lately. Financial survival, that is. For any of you who have lived paycheck to paycheck, I'm sure you can relate to me when I say that being poor sucks. I am completely exhausted both mentally and physically right now. (i.e., most nites I just have no energy to even consider blogging.)
I'm working (alot) more and making (ALOT) less. And I feel like my efforts are all for naught. I was gone 4 nites this week (1 voluntarily- scrapbooking-yay!;) I got home after my kids were sleeping last nite and was back out the door 3 1/2 hours later for work. Austin told Tom this morning that he was missing me because, "mommy never came home last nite." For someone who just wants to be a SAHM, being away from my kids this much is killing me. I hit bottom tonite (at least I hope I did, because that means things can only get better) when I got online and saw that our checking account has insufficient funds. It only gets better, as Monday our car insurance premium will be processed and Tom and I don't get paid again until the end of next week.
Yes, I have sunk to a new low. Late Tuesday nite as the kids were snoozing soundly I snuck into their rooms and shook their piggy banks almost dry. I actually left a few coins in each so in case they shook them it would sound like there was still money in there. How do you explain to a 5 and 2 year old that mommy and daddy needed your pennies so we could put gas in the van this week.
Waa, waa, woe is me. Ok, enough of this pity party. I promise I'll be back in a couple of days with good stuff. Like how Ed was accidentally left out all nite and somehow survived in the freezing cold (really, a miracle), how we celebrated Austin's b-day and I (at the ripe old age of 27) became a grandma. How we (sob) enrolled my baby for kindergarten next fall. Oooh! and I got tagged from Erica to share with y'all my purse and all of its lovely contents therein. Happy birthday, Beth! Hopefully your 30th was a great one! So here's to hoping for a better week! The hope of spring's appearance and better yet, the hope of our tax return's appearance in our mailbox!!!

4 comments:

lina said...

Well, with St. Patrick's day around the corner, here's wishing the luck 'O the Irish for you! Hope things are looking up for you :)

Nicole said...

Oh hang in there, Maria! Things will turn around and work out. Hopefully you'll get your tax return soon!!

Kristin said...

Hi Maria! After hearing that you blog Friday, I decided to check out your site. I hope that everything will turn around for you soon...but you are right..things can only get better.

Kristin said...

I am linking your blog on mine...I hope you don't mind:)