4.04.2008

Spring Has Sprung... FINALLY!

We had 2 absolutely gorgeous days this past week. Sunny and in the 50's. My cuz-in-law Leslie called me up Wednesday for a playdate in the park. We met at Betsy Butterfield and the kids ran around absolutely giddy for an hour enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. It is hilarious to watch Lexi roam. She wasn't walking last fall and we've always just carried her through the snow while out and about; so she's just now finally getting a taste for independence in the big wide world. She thinks she's pretty hot stuff and she was fearless on the playground. Took right to the slides and the bouncy bridge and deep belly laughed on the swings. Austin and Audrey are finally old enough where I don't have to constantly be their "shadow" on the playground. Yes, I am one of those moms... completely over-paranoid. I figure by next year Lexi will be old enough to conquer the playground on her own and then I can finally relax a bit... maybe.
I was so inspired by spring's appearance, I went home and cleaned my kitchen. I even mopped the floor (for the first time in almost 2 months~yikes!)
The next day was even warmer and I called up one of my bff's for a park playdate. Her son Cap goes to school with Austin and since it's spring break, they hadn't seen each other all week. Her daughter Livvy and Audrey have a mutual admiration of each other. They're still a little too young to be playmates but they love being around each other. We finally packed up when I noticed Lexi walking around like a zombie. It was lunchtime and nap time when we got home. Lexi fell asleep almost immediately and then I took Austin and Audrey out to help me clean out the van. While they "washed" windows I unloaded a winter's worth of crap and vacuumed. Two almost empty Windex bottles and a whole roll of soggy paper towels later our van looks halfway decent again (and may even smell a bit better, too).
Today was rainy and soggy again, dark and cloudy and chilly so we stayed inside. I worked every. single. nite. this week and today was my only day off. I woke up super excited to have the whole day with my kids. No track practice, no work, no preschool- just me being a mom. I've almost got the laundry all washed- folding it and putting it away is a completely different story. I even started on getting organized for our upcoming garage sale. When Tom got home from work we headed to Bob Heavens for dinner. Yes, our kids actually call it Bob Heavens. If I remember right, our niece Anna pronounced Evans as Heavens and the name kinda stuck in our family. She was also very disappointed when they arrived to eat there one nite and she didn't see God. Anyways, I digress. After dinner we played a mean game of basketball in Austin's room. He takes the game very seriously. Everyone that plays has to wear a uniform and be on teams. It was the Cavaliers vs. the Bulls tonite with Cavs winning 63-40.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The weather was so nice this week... I hope this weekend turns out to be sunny and pleasant too!

Anonymous said...

today was another gorgeous day outside, and it actually inspired me to clean out my car as well... I'm embarassed to say, I've taken it through the car wash myself only twice since I've had it. Since I was...16 Haha Have a great weekend! =)hope to see all of you soon!