6.18.2009

Wow! What A Week!

And it's only Thursday. So far, we've:
  • put down a load of wood chips underneath the back bedroom windows.
  • I've taken on the project of reclaiming the landscaping from the weeds. We have not done a thing to either side of the house since moving in 5 years ago. This is going to be THE project of the summer. My plan is to tear everything out, lay down wood chips and defend it from the evil weeds. Then maybe next summer if all goes well, I'll add some perennials and stone borders.
  • rented the Rug Doctor and shampooed the living room, hallway, girls' room, and master bedroom. I got the upholstery attachment and did the recliner and car upholstery, floors, and mats. I am now the carpet nazi, guarding my freshly cleaned shag from grubby feet, crumby snacks, and a dog that (for whatever reason) cannot eat at his dish but instead grabs a mouthful, trots thru the dining room, and then drops it to eat off the carpet in the hallway.
  • taxied Austin back and forth to Columbia all week for b~ball camp. While he practiced his skillz (which come naturally from his talented mama;P) the girls and I hung with Rona, Katy, and Andrew. We used McD's coupons for free frappes (sooo yummy), laughed and caught up from last week, and generally did crowd control.
  • Audrey spent the nite with Katy; Anna joined us last nite for a sleepover with Austin.
  • Austin got a summer 'do. He wanted bald, but I don't want him looking like a cancer patient. Seriously, last summer, Tom got to him with his clippers and with him being so scrawny and all, it was almost embarrassing for me to take him in public. So we went with a very short buzz cut.

Yay, for Friday!!!

No comments: