8.19.2009

Everything You Really Need To Know About Cedar Point I Learned On Monday

On Monday I ventured down to Cedar Point for the first time in 11 years. Tom backed out at the last minute because he was too afraid of riding the big rides and screaming like a little girl citing back problems so it ended up being just me and my sisters going. I had a ton of fun (and I think Ann and Lori did,too). The trip brought back a lot of memories from past visits with the youth group and school. So I thought it might be fun to share with you the top ten most important things I learned from my day at "America's Roller Coast":
  1. At 29, I am too old to ride the intense, fast rides.
  2. skin is "in"~ and if you happen to have piercings and a tattoo (or four) then you get bonus points for showing them off.
  3. the chemical reaction made when golden blonde highlites and sunscreen combine is not a desirable one. Unless, of course, you wanted orange~y streaks through your hair.
  4. when I put "BigSexyHair" root pump spray mousse in my hair to make it big and "sexy" and then did 2 drenching water rides, a handful of roller coasters and fair rides, and went thru a downpour or 2, my hair was not Big and Sexy. Rather, it looked as if I was going for the homeless, matted dog look.
  5. when the rain starts, EVERYONE goes to Disaster Transport.
  6. one should not drink Starbucks coffee and then attempt to ride the Raptor 2 hours later.
  7. even though it costs almost $45 dollars for 1 FunDay ticket, you still have to pay $10 to park. (yes, they do take Visa).
  8. the smell of fairway food is amazing. Always has been, always will be. Someone should bottle it.
  9. If you were to rate people's favorite rides by the intensity and the number of times they screamed then the Sky Hawk was by far my favorite ride.
  10. I am too old to ride the intense fast rides. Something my stomach and my head tried to tell me numerous times. Apparently my brain did not get this memo.

I had a wonderful time, thanks for a great day, girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think those are awesome tips!
We also had a blast!

-Ann and Lori