8.26.2009

Lexi's 3 Year Stats

We started with tears...

We headed off to the doctor bright and early Monday morning. Lexi figured out where we were going and literally tried to grab onto anything and everything to anchor her in as I tried to pull her out of the van. Little drama queen. Things started off wonderfully with a finger poke/blood draw. The puppies on the band~aid seemed to take her mind off the hurt for awhile and she did cooperate by standing still on the scale for her weight and height. (37 1/2 inches tall and 30.5 lbs which puts her in the 60th percentile for height and 48th for weight with a BMI of 15.2) I double checked the nurse's BMI calculations against the calculations from FindMyBMI.com and that website categorizes Lexi's BMI as being in the anorexic body classification. Ha! This girl can definitely eat, although she's starting to get a little bit pickier in her old age. I guess I should start monitoring her daily treadmill workouts to make sure she isn't burning too many calories;)


She totally lucked out as she was a mere 4 days short of being ready for her next hep A vaccination. We'll catch that one later. Dr. Rao came in and the tears started all over again. She almost flew off the table when he came at her with his little rubber hammer. Hmm, brings to mind a certain other 3 year old who promised her mom to "just let me go" as she was being held down on an exam table 26 years ago. The mom bought it (sucka;) and the 3 year old went running out the door and down the hall before being dragged back in for her shot. Although this isn't a "not me monday", I will say that this certain 3 year old was definitely not me! But if it was me, then I guess you could say that this is payback time. Dr. R is always so gentle and calm with the kids and we made it out without any more drama.
... and gum and stickers made everything right with the world again

No comments: