9.08.2009

I Tweeked It...

... and today, I did NOT lose it!!! Last week I gave the kids 15 minutes as they we waking up to watch some tv. That way they weren't having to just jump into their day. Then the tv went off and we went on to have breakfast and get dressed. Well, this morning I figured "Arthur" could help me out a little and provide some distraction as I slipped Audrey into her clothes. It worked! She was so glued to the tv she never realized that her panties just might be riding up her biscuits or her collar was possibly rubbing her neck the wrong way. Austin dressed along side her so my major concern was getting through breakfast without someone spilling sticky syrup all over his/her clothes and having to start all over again.
Of course, I couldn't breathe easy just yet as we still had to do shoes AND socks before getting out the door on time. The socks I picked out didn't meet approval from the diva so we went back to her room together to get socks that would. Of course, she would pick out red Hello Kitty Christmas socks with snowflakes on them. Of course, her outfit was brown, pink, and yellow. I took 2 seconds to mentally debate if it was worth it to tell her no on the socks because it would probably result in the meltdown we had so far successfully avoided. Hmm, no long pants to cover up the offending article of clothing, they definitely did NOT match in any possible way,,, yup, it was worth it. Meltdown or not. But my Christmas came early and no meltdown ensued. Shoes on and out the door on time! And, most importantly, we were all HAPPY!!!
I think Arthur just may be my new best friend.

No comments: