12.15.2009

'Tis The Season...

... to be stressed! I love, love, LOVE the Christmas season, so despite the busyness, I really still try to enjoy constant, never ending list of things to do. But this week I think I've taken on a little more than what's humanly possible:

  • Christmas cards in the mail
  • phone calls to Snapfish and Current to check on order statuses... because they're just not coming!
  • coffee dates with Rona and Cheri (mmm, love me some coffee and girl time!=)
  • a Christmas cookie exchange for the elementary teachers. As room mom, it was my job to recruit 9 or 10 moms to each bake a dozen cookies on behalf of the preschool class. I sent out a note last week and got 1 response. Somehow it is easier for me to bake to rest of the cookies myself than to take the time to call 16 moms and beg/plead ask for cookies.
  • not only baking, but packing said cookies with all of the other room moms Wednesday afternoon
  • last 2 jr. high b~ball games of the season
  • all of the end~of~season responsibilities: paperwork, collecting/returning uniforms, etc., etc.
  • cheerleaders' pizza party/ gift exchange at my home Wednesday before the game
  • Audrey's Christmas party Thursday am
  • the kids' Christmas open house at the school Thursday pm
  • Austin's Christmas party Friday am
  • a playdate with Austin's bestest school friend all Friday afternoon
  • Micah and Lindsey's graduations from WMU on Saturday morning
  • I asked for Saturday am off to go to the graduation ceremonies and somehow ended up with the whole day off! So while the kids are with grandma H. Tom and I will hopefully get the chance to finish up our Christmas shopping.

10 days to go! Santa is smart... he has elves! (Where can I get me one of those?)

No comments: