12.02.2009

Christmas Details~ Now You're In The Know

I copied this from Kristin's blog:


Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I bought really nice wrapping paper from Stampin' Up a couple of years ago, even got color coordinated grosgrain ribbon to tie around the gifts (not for the kids' presents but for the "adult" gifts so they'd look pretty under the tree). Aside from that, I have never had to buy a roll of wrapping paper. My mom hits the day~after sales and stocks up for me.




Real tree or artificial? Real. Of course. The freezing cold hunt. The young children sawing a massive tree with a very sharp saw. Shelling out $40 for a tree that will end up in my FIL's burn pile in 3 weeks. The wrestling it into place. Crawling under the extremely prickly branches for the constant watering. And the smell. The smell of fresh pine. The smell of Christmas. Gotta have it.




When do you put up the tree? 4 Christmases ago, our tree was up, but undecorated until the wee hours of Christmas morning when I tiredly threw on a couple of ornaments and called it good. 3 Christmases ago, we pulled into the tree farm on December 23rd at 4:55pm (farm closes at 5pm) to get our tree. And this year we haven't gotten the tree yet, but we still have 23 days, right?




Do you like eggnog? I will have a couple of sips, but it's way too rich and creamy for me. Austin saw the penguins chug eggnog on Party with the Penguins (Madagascar's Christmas DVD) and he has been asking for eggnog ever since.




Favorite gift received as a child? The Christmas I was 8, Santa was good... very good! A cassette Walkman, a sled, a cool pink blanket. But even as I got older, I always got the "big" present I asked for~ a stereo w/ CD player, a black leather jacket...




Hardest person to buy for? My Grandpa and Grandma Hrebec. It's usually Christmas Eve, a few hours before the family get together and I'm still trying to find the "perfect" gift. Any suggestions?




Easiest person to buy for? Myself. I "help" Tom out by doing my shopping for me;)




Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but not as many as my mom. One year, as I was using her small washroom off the kitchen I happened to count 3 or 4 nativities crammed into the tiny space. She has them EVERYWHERE so it became somewhat of a joke.




Mail or email Christmas cards? E~mail Christmas cards!?! That just seems really tacky.






Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I think it might have been an X large pink tee shirt with a ginormous pig face with the words "Piggly Wiggly". Apparently it's a Southern thing. But I'm not Southern. (And I hope I'm not X large.)




Favorite Christmas movie? Elf. Love. LOVE that movie!




When do you start shopping? I do a little thru the year. If I come across a great deal, I'll pick it up and stash it. I was in line at 3:30 this last Friday morning outside Kohl's for some Black Friday deals and I'll watch the ads to pick up the remainder of the gifts on the list thru Christmas Eve (unless inspiration for the Grandparents Hrebec gift hits early).




Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You'll never know. I do try not to re~gift an item back to it's original giver;) Now that would be embarrassing!




Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mmmm! It's all good!




Lights on the tree? White lights




Favorite Christmas songs? I love Christmas music. There's not a whole lot of Christmas tunes I don't like.




Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home Christmas morning but travel around Jackson to all the family gatherings.




Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen (Austin's current fave), Comet, Cupid (Audrey's top pick), Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph.




Angel on the tree top, or a star? Star.




Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The elves' bring jammies Christmas eve nite but everything else gets opened on Christmas morning.




Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is decorated in bright jewel tone colors. Purple, blue, lime green, and magenta. My absolute favorite ornament is one I received from Nicole a couple of years ago thru an ornament exchange. Love it!!!!





What do you want for Christmas this year? If I could really dream, I would love to remodel our upstairs bathroom, or a new stainless frig, or a table and chair set for the dining room.

No comments: