11.26.2009

Sometimes It's The Simple Things

  • a little man who stills wants me to snuggle him (because I know this won't last forever)
  • my sweet little Audge who can be the best little mommy's helper
  • my baby girl who woke up this morning and said she dreamed about "toots" last nite (always the silly entertainer)
  • a husband who gets up and goes to work everyday, long before I open my sleepy eyes
  • a dog who wakes up to excitedly greet me even at 4 in the morning

  • a cup (or 2) of coffee in the morning
  • warm flannel sheets
  • reading the newspaper
  • a new recipe
  • clean laundry

I could probably sit here and add to my list for hours. Life is hard. Life is messy. Life is far from perfect. But even now, in all the struggles, God is good and there is so much to be thankful for. Sometimes it's the simple things.

No comments: