2.08.2010

Sunshine!?! In Michigan!?!

Impossible, but today was actually sunny. Today was a good day. A chance to get caught up on lots of projects I simply haven't had the time or energy to tackle. This is my 30th winter in Michigan and every year as I trudge thru the snow, slip on the ice, shiver uncontrollably, freeze my freakin' nibblets off.... I question my sanity. It's a good thing family is so important to me or I would've been long gone;) Anyways, back to today, I:
  • put away the last of my Christmas winter decorations
  • I reclaimed the girls' room from the ever growing mess that threatens to consume it entirely
  • put together a bag of junk goodies for the 1st graders' upcoming sale at Encore. (I have found that the best time to purge is when I am totally, completely ticked at all of the crap that accumulates. It's alot easier to get rid of things when I'm not being sentimental or indecisive.)
  • cleaned up the remnants of last nite's Super Bowl party (just Tom and the kids). But don't let "remnants" fool you. Super Bowl XLIV chewed and swallowed my living room, dining room, and kitchen and then regurgitated it all over itself. (I am taking a momentary break because, well, I've been working all day and I deserve it.)
  • took back a car load of recycles
  • visited new bank to get some checks to pay bills tonite
  • visited old bank to make a deposit
  • dropped off dry cleaning
  • washed 3 loads of laundry
  • peeled 3 oranges for snack time
  • and the list goes on and on

Yes, today was a good day. Thank you, God, for sunshine in Michigan in February!

No comments: