2.26.2013

Order Up!

Audrey and Lexi were playing dolls yesterday and came out of their room requesting marshmallows. They claimed their dolls were "hungry". I directed them to the pantry, where for once I had exactly what they wanted.

A short while later, it became apparent that "snack time" had morphed into "let's~mix~these~marshmallows~up~with~water~and~make~a~big~mess time". I caught on and nixed the experiment before it turned into "mom~cleans~gooey~marshmallow~out~of~the~carpet time". 

The girls took their concoction to the table. Audrey tasted it and pronounced it, "Good!" (with just a bit of surprise in her voice). She offered me my own dish, but I politely declined. She turned to me and said, "I can make four things now." Ticking off on her fingers she counted:
  1. eggs
  2. bread (aka toast)
  3. ummm, ummm..... {so I suggested, "pbj?" } Yeah, pbj!
  4. thinking for quite awhile, she finally said, "Those things that look like donuts except they're not..." {hmmm, searching my mind... bagels?} Yeah, bagels!
  5. and don't forget marshmallow goo. So actually, five things my little chef is proficient in making.
A short~order cook is born. I'll let her make dinner tonite set the table tonite.

No comments: