1.05.2008

Looking Back Again

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? took the wrong bus and missed the train out of Chicago
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't usually make resolutions so then I don't have to admit to breaking them 2 days into the new year. But this year I'm trying to get my butt out of bed earlier, drink more water, and use my treadmill for more than a clothes drying rack.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Jennifer had Joy and Leslie had Reyna... lots of babies coming this year=)
4. Did anyone close to you die? my grandma Moss and Tom's great uncle Bob
5. What states/countries did you visit? Illinois
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? simple joy
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 14th- my mom's 50th birthday and the whole Chicago escapade, August 22nd- Lexi's 1st birthday celebration
8. What was your biggest achievement? Taming the overgrown landscaping in front of our house and power washing and restaining our back deck- yeah, I'm a dork.
9. What was your biggest failure? Losing my patience with my kids. Allowing too many little things to upset me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had 2 false positives for lupus and a hypothyroidism diagnosis
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our van. No more squishing the kids into the Equinox & worrying about going over our mileage on the lease. The in-van DVD player was an extra bonus!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Audrey deciding for herself that she wanted to be potty trained; Austin being able to ride his bike ALL THE WAY AROUND our neighborhood (even going fast downhill), Lexi for all of her "first" accomplishments, and Tom for getting through another semester of skool.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? outrageous celebrities
14. Where did most of your money go? the house and the kids
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Chicago, coaching track, Christmas, my kids' accomplishments
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Dan Zanes "Catch That Train"- the kids and I played it non-stop in anticipation of our train ride to Chicago
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? I should be happier, but definitely more anxious right now. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner- I was still losing Lexi's pregnancy weight c) richer or poorer? Technically richer because we paid off some debt last year, but now poorer because I lost my job
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Scrapbooking. Living in the moment and simply enjoying life
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing over the "imperfections" in my life. Had I known I would be jobless again, a little less splurging- the Chicago trips, the kids pictures, our family pictures, my new dining room buffet. Then again, the splurges were totally worth the extra money.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families. My mom, bro, and BIL with Tom, the kids and me Christmas morning. Christmas nite with Tom's family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Every day more deeply with my kids.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Little People, Big World, John and Kate plus 8 (makes me feel better about my life)=), House Hunters, Flip That House, Property Ladder
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? nope.
24. What was the best book you read? Three Weeks With My Brother- a memoir by Nicholas and Micah Sparks, My Dog Marley by John Grogan
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Lexi starting to "sing" the ABC's and Happy Birthday
26. What did you want and get? too much to even list- I have been blessed!
27. What did you want and not get? The credit cards paid off.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Illusionist. I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to watching movies and this one left me thinking for weeks.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 27. I honestly cannot remember- it must not have been anything special. This kinda sucks because growing up birthdays were always such important special milestones for me.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not being so stressed about money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Can someone tell me what "fashion" is? I splurged on a new outfit for a January wedding- black pinstripe pants and a black top that I now wear all of the time if I need something dressy. I bought 2 new swimsuits with my birthday $- a cute little bikini and a "mommy" tankini. I also got 3 comfortable shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and *gasp* I actually spent $25 on a sweater from Old Navy. Other than that my wardrobe consisted of pieces from my high school/college/pre-baby days and hand-me-downs from my mom. Wow, I think I need Stacey and Clinton's help.
32. What kept you sane? Having the time I was working as a time of quiet reflection, my mom, play dates with the cousins, and girls' nites out
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Lindsey Lohan
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The economy and gas prices
35. Who did you miss? No one- everyone is close by
36. Who was the best new person you met? She's not actually "new" but I have really enjoyed having Leslie as a "cousin" and a friend
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Nothing makes my kids' jaws drop faster than when mommy puts herself in a "time out". I emerge refreshed and calm and the kids' behavior is impeccable- for awhile, at least
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. ?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed you as a friend and cousin, too. :) thank you. We had a great time last night. Let's do it again, soon.