1.10.2008

A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my week. Ever since we've gotten thru with Christmas we've just been chillin', enjoying the downtime.
  • I FINALLY got all of our Christmas decorations packed and back downstairs.
  • Austin announced that he's going to marry Lexi because she's the only girl that he loves that isn't already married. There is way too much that could be said about that statement, but we'll leave it at that.
  • Audrey farted at the table this afternoon and informed me that there was a barking squirrel in the room.
  • Don't hold your breath, but it is slightly possible that my 16 1/2 month old has FINALLY decided to start walking. We have known for awhile that if she really wanted to, she could, she just much rather prefers us to cart her royal hiney around everywhere- to which she crawls over to us and demands, "UP!"
  • Eddy has had an itchy ear for a couple of weeks. We finally bit the bullet and took him in. He has a yeast infection in the ear, so 2 prescriptions, a follow-up appointment scheduled, and $90 later (that we didn't have to begin with) he's on the fast path to recovery.
  • Austin started back to school this week. Although he's only had 2 weeks off, the whole routine seems strangely new again.
  • My mom watched the girls when I dropped Austin off on Tuesday. I had a merchandise credit and a gift card to Kohl's and 2 whole hours to burn. all. by. myself. I was able to get picture frames (BOGO free), a SoHo Yankee candle, a set of couch pillows, a long sleeved tee, and a fall dress for Lexi and I still have money left on my gift card. Then, still having about an hour I headed up to Target and wandered. I found a cute pair of tennis shoes on clearance for Lexi when she grows into size 5 this summer.
  • I am headed out for a much anticipated The Body Shop girls' nite out tonite. I haven't soaked my feet since I got out of the business last August so I'm definitely looking forward to a little pamper time. Psst... I even shaved my legs.
  • We're looking forward to having some friends over for dinner on Saturday. I'm trying to think of something fun and exciting (as opposed to the same old, same old) to serve. Something that even the kids won't be able to complain about.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I should get started on dinner. Tonite I'm making pancakes and I know there won't be any complaints about this classic meal.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

ohh doggie yeast ears can be costly and smelly. i clean norms once a week with diluted vinegar and we have had no more problems. i've been lovin some target clearance too!