1.21.2008

Spots, Dots, and Chicken Pox?

Audrey woke up Friday morning with a bad case of spots all over her tummy, back, and in her hair. The one that concerned me the most was between two fingers because it looked kinda pimply. I called my doctor's office and they fit Audrey into the afternoon appointments. I love our pediatrician! Between Austin's asthma and all of my hypochondriac worries the staff at the office is practically a second family. I feel like we should be on a first name basis, although they politely refer to me as Mrs. Hosmer which makes me feel way too old.
Although she was a bit worried about getting a shot, Audrey couldn't wait to show Dr. Rao her pretty nails (we had painted them the day before) and her "dots". We were headed out the door when the phone started ringing. Austin answered and informed the caller (who happened to be Leslie) that we were taking Audrey to the doctor because "she has 14 spots".
At the office, Dr. Rao ruled out the chicken pox because a: she hadn't been exposed (as far as we knew), b: she had received the chicken pox vaccine, and c: her spots weren't blistery. He said it was a viral infection and to treat her with Benadryl and calamine lotion. Audrey was thrilled because a: she didn't get a shot, b: she got gum and a sticker from the nurse, and c: she got to take purple medicine all weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is she feeling better? hope you guys are having a great week thus far! see you soon.

Zoe said...

glad it wasn't poxs. my drs office recognizes my voice.