5.26.2009

Now I Really Have Issues

My little laundry problem has grown slightly larger. Last Wednesday was my first full day home without track or work so I determined that this would be the day I would finally get all of my laundry done. I put the first load in and went back down later to stick it in the dryer when I realized that my machine was broken. Yup, BROKEN. It had gone through the wash cycle but I couldn't get it to drain or go through the spin cycle (no matter how many times or with how much force I turned the stupid dial.) So there I was with a washer full of water and semi~dirty clothes. The next day I fished out all of the clothes, wrung them out, and took the load into Vandercook to the laundry mat. But my washer is still full of dirty water and we're getting to near crisis mode with the laundry situation again.
Tom had most of the weekend off because of the holiday so I asked him to take a look at it. I got home Sunday nite and asked about the situation and he informed me that we could get a new washer for about $600. His rationalization~ by the time we get someone to come to the house, & parts, & service.... Yeah, that's great and all, but whose money is this anyways? Don't get me wrong, I would love one of these but when a service call will hopefully only cost a couple hundred dollars, I think that's our best bet for now. If my mechanically inclined husband couldn't fix it first. So I asked him please, please, PLEASE look at the freakin' machine. He claims he doesn't know what's wrong with it. I can't figure out if he's being for real or just dumb and uncooperative so I went ahead and scheduled a service call. Of course, they can't come out until Thursday and I shudder to think about what our clothing situation will be like at that point. Plus, I'm hoping we're not going to be paying $69 for them to come and tell me my washer is junk and not fixable. In which case, we might as well splurge and get the matching dryer, too.

No comments: