5.06.2009

Feeling Pig~ish

Well, I'm in the midst of a full blown cold... sore throat, swollen glands, sinus pressure, body ache, etc. Of course, the hypochondriac in me can't help but keep thinking about the swine flu. I have thus far decided to suffer quietly because:
  • I don't really care for my general practicing physician
  • I heard on the radio this morning that there are still zip, zero, zilch confirmed cases in Jackson county and, really, what's the possibility of little ol' me being the very first case in the whole county?
  • I haven't been vacationing in Mexico lately never.
  • and although I'm barking like a seal when I cough, I haven't started oinking.

So I think I'm going to just have to tough this one out on my own. It really is no surprise that I'm sick. Being so busy and all, my immune system was bound to be down. I'm now realizing that it's been 2 weeks since my last blog. So what have I been up to? What haven't I been up to is more the question.

  • Austin joined me for work on Nat'l Bring Your Child To Work Day. He totally rocked his apron and cap!
  • The girls' tattoo nite was a wash. We got there only to find out that they are now booking 3 weeks out. I didn't make an appointment but there have been talks about some ink for Mother's Day. We still managed to enjoy the rest of the evening. Who wouldn't when there was a showing of "Twilight" in the plans?
  • We celebrated my BIL's and my birthday at my in~laws. I got money which has already been spent. I was in desperate need of some new summer clothes. I picked up 3 fun necklaces, 2 pairs of flip flops, sunglasses, 7 shirts, and a pair of capris. Then I weeded some old stuff out of my closet. I think I can say that my oldest clothes now date back only to my college days. And it'll be fun getting dressed again these next couple of weeks.
  • The track team has been to Colon, Climax~Scotts, Concord, and tonite, Camden Frontier. See a pattern here? (the c's, people) I'm really hoping for some nice weather this evening. Standing out in the cold for hours is not my idea of fun and always has me questioning my reasons for coaching track.
  • Austin finished up his basketball season at the Y this past week. He made me take stats every week so I'll have to do a separate post on that later.
  • Lexi has been singing "I wike big butts and I can ta why... hey boss, big butts!", quoting Shark Tales several times a day. It appears her big brother has been giving her singing lessons.

I think I'm caught up on the Hosmerville highlights for now. I'm off to wash away some of the germs and try to rest up for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Me said...

Ry said the one confirmed case in Ottawa County happens to work at Amway.....grrrreat!

Hope you feel better soon!