4.07.2009

Extended Spring Break Vay~Cay

We're on to our second snow day due to the late winter storm that blew thru here Sunday nite. Yesterday morning we awoke to no power and struggled to "survive". We used the time without distractions (tv, internet, cordless phone, etc.) to get the house back in order after the weekend. I kept an eye on the thermostat and when it got close to 64*, I gave in and called my grandparents.
We headed out there to shower and cook mac and cheese and later met Tom in Brooklyn. The kids ran around McDonalds for awhile to burn some energy. It was while Austin was at the top of the play structure that he stuck his head out and announced at the top of his lungs, "I like big butts and I cannot lie!" I cut into his musical solo before he could go any further but the dad sitting behind us got a kick out of his impromptu serenade. (For the record.... I do not let my kids listen to music like that. Well... most of the time;P. He picked that song up from Donkey singing at the end of Shrek.)
We dropped the kids off at my in~laws after dinner and Tom and I headed home to pick up the laptop and then go in search of somewhere with free wi~fi so Tom could log in and post for his class. When we came thru the neighborhood there was a Consumers truck working on the lines but we weren't too hopeful as there seems to be 2 circuits running thru our neighborhood. We were pleasantly surprised to find lights on when we pulled into our drive. Tom did homework; I took full advantage of our newly restored power and vacuumed.
Austin stayed up late to watch the b~ball game. He was rooting for N. Carolina (little traitor). He was prepped to not give me any attitude this morning when I woke him up for school (he is like his mommy and sooo not a morning person) but as it turned out, school was canceled again because the elementary campus is still without power.
So here we are again, another day off. At least we have power today and the house is in good shape. Sounds like it's laundry day.

No comments: