4.04.2009

Foul

I woke up in a completely foul mood today. Perhaps it was because I finished Twilight and despite my exhaustion (from third shift the nite before and a very busy day) I started into the next book in the series, New Moon. Maybe it was because I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until Tom was leaving for work this morning. Or maybe I woke up completely foul because my kids were obnoxiously clamoring for juice and cartoons waaay too early and would.not.leave.me.alone (despite my best efforts to ignore them). So there's my confession: I started the day off bad and I feel like a horrible mom.
My mood is gradually changing. The sun is shining. The cinnamon rolls are in the oven. I don't have to be at work until 4 today so that gives me most of my day with the fam. Tom took the van to get an oil change and it's not quite warm enough outside for my comfort so the big plan of the morning is to try to get the girls' room clean (so they can turn around and trash it while mommy is gone and daddy is in charge all weekend.) Ok, so maybe I'm not completely past the foulness yet.
Yesterday was a good day, though. As promised, I took the kiddos to the Chelsea Treehouse for some playtime. We met up with my friend Angie, her kids, my SIL Rona, and her kids and spent 4 hours playing (the kids) and enjoying girl talk (the moms). I stopped by the scrapbook store on my way out of town and spent my entire gift card. This was the first time I had been in the store since they had relocated and I was surprisingly disappointed by there newly limited selection. Let's just say, I won't be making any trips to Chelsea for the sole purpose of scrapbooking anytime soon (oops, more foulness (mf), sorry).
We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing before baking brownies and cheesecake to take over to Andy and Rona's for pizza and a movie. The kids do so well together and played like they hadn't seen each other in ages (despite having been together all morning/afternoon). The kids watched Bolt in the playroom and we watched Role Models. If you haven't seen it, don't waste your time (mf).
I will hopefully have some really cute pics to post of our fun day yesterday. Hopefully being the key word as it seems the hard cement floor at the Chelsea Treehouse may have done the camera in when it got dropped for the thousandth time. At first, it was still turning on but then immediately flashing "camera stabilizer is not available". I could still review all of the pics I had taken, just not take any more. It was really bugging me so I kept messing with it and now I can't even get the pics to come up or get the camera to turn on. Grrrr (mf). And apparently, it's all my fault (ok, so it is) because I let the kids take pictures with it earlier, so now I'm on Tom's s#*t list (mf). If I can at least get the memories off it, this could be a good thing because I have been wanting something that has the capabilities (despite its owner's incapability) to take really nice shots.
That's it for now. I have to go make a very conscious effort now to just enjoy my day. No mf.

No comments: