4.09.2009

Sexy Mama 'Do

I gave myself an early birthday present yesterday and headed out to the salon for a much needed visit with Allyson. This girl is amazing!!! Every time I see her, I leave feeling like a new woman! I wish I had the money to see her every day. Does anyone else have that problem? Your stylist does an amazing job and then you can never replicate it on your own at home?

I am so not talented in the hair department. The few times I have attempted to highlight my hair at home, I ended up with something along the lines of orangey~red. In seventh grade I grew my bangs out and wore my hair straight and long. Until my senior year. I had my senior pics done and then I got my hair cut. Short, straight, and tucked behind the ear. And I occasionally showed up to school with my hair uncombed and wet from the shower and in a ponytail. First hour choir was the ideal time to detangle hair and apply make~up. (I think I may have mentioned before that I am not a morning person;) It wasn't until my 10 year class reunion last year that I actually started to make an effort in the hair department. Allyson had made me "beautiful" with a new cut and highlights and I was determined to keep it looking nice. I have slowly become more adept at using a round brush and blow drying my hair. Some days are more successful than others. But my hair never EVER looks as good as it does fresh from the salon.

So yesterday, we went something a bit more bold than the usual. I went blond! Ok, so not that blond but definitely noticeably lighter. And we shortened up my cut in the back quite a bit. I was going for the I'm-going-on-29-I-need-to-look-my-age haircut. (People that don't know me are always surprised to find out how old I am and I've been told my lovely Meijer hat makes me look like a teenager.) Audrey decided that my hair looked "strange" and Austin had to pet my head several times and told me it felt "crunchy". I think overall my look was well received. Now I'm afraid to take a shower. When I wash my hair I'll wash away the "salon high". Someone should really figure out how to bottle it. I'd definitely buy a fix for my upcoming driver's license photo.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Oh Maria, I have that same problem. I can NEVER style my hair they want my stylist Stacie does, and it upsets me. I love going and getting my hair done, then when I try to replicate the look, it never turns out...

You should post a picture of your new look... In interested to see this blonde! Ha! :)

lindseyann93007 said...

cant wait to see the hair =) I hope you had a wonderful Easter, and really wish there were 5 of me so I could've stopped by to say hi. It was a busy weekend but nice to be home. Do you have any other birthday plans??? :)