4.20.2009

I'll Appreciate This When I'm Older

  • high school boys hitting on me at work
  • getting carded when the rest of my friends don't
  • telemarketers calling the house and asking me if they can speak with my mom (which is the inspiration behind this post as it happened less than 10 minutes ago.)
  • disbelief when I tell people I'm married with 3 kids

Everyone always tells me I'm lucky to look so young, and maybe I'll feel better about hitting the big 3~0 next year looking so ummm... youthful, but for now I would like to look like the almost 29 year old I am instead of a high schooler. Anyone else ever get mistaken for the babysitter instead of the mommy?

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

*raises her hand high* I'm only 24 but I can EASILY pass for a junior/senior in highschool. I get dirty looks when I'm out with Ian and Jocelyn b.c I look like "an irresponsible teenage Jackson mom". When I was preggo with Ian I had a shirt made that said I'm 24. I've been married for 4 years. Yes, I'm pregnant. Stop staring. LOL

Leslie Collins said...

Oh yeah. This is definitely something that I have been thru quite a bit. I hated not wearing my ring when I was pregnant with reyna b/c I had "the stare." You know the, "oh, my tax dollars support that unwed pregnant teen."