1.20.2009

A Little Retail Therapy At Its Finest

Those of you that know me know that Target is my home away from home. I *love. L.O.V.E. love.* this store!!! I've been trying desperately to stay away because the last time I was in there they had all completely new things to look at, drool over, and lust for. Unfortunately my wallet can't quite keep up with my obsession so I've been trying to satisfy my Target addiction by only looking at their weekly ad. This is only a temporary fix and I was bound to crack at some point. That some point was last nite when my fam was over to my cousin's for dinner and an evening o' fun. Jennifer (whom I'm placing all blame for this relapse) casually mentioned that Target had shoes at 75% off. That's all it took. Had I been a rude guest I would have cut dinner short last nite to get to the store before it closed but I held myself back (there was still the promise of dessert;)
So I promptly headed to the store after picking Austin up from school today. I reasoned it couldn't hurt to look because if the deals were super good I could always get larger sizes for the kids to grow into. Plus I had to get a birthday present for this little lady so I had a valid reason to make a quick stop. This is where it gets good... 5 pairs of shoes for under $20. Yes, you read that right, 5 pairs of shoes for under $20!!! Austin picked out new tennis shoes (they unfortunately didn't have a large selection for boys and the smallest size we could find was a "2" so it'll be at least until next year around this time that they'll fit him.) Audrey got super cute black patent Hello Kitty boots and brown suede with pink flower casuals for next fall/winter. Lexi got black patent dress shoes for church next winter and some casual shoes for late summer/fall. I even found shoes for me and jeans for Tom's birthday. I don't know what will thrill him more, the amount of money I spent today or getting jeans for his birthday (I am being slightly sarcastic). Oh, and I did find something for Miss Reyna, so despite the glazed look in my eyes I didn't lose all focus. Mission (and then some) accomplished.

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

Target is indeed very addicting. Sounds like you got some stellar deals though.

Did you see the weekly ad that all of their new black and white decor is on sale this week.

BTW....I got my SHELVES!!!!!! I can't wait for you to see them.