12.04.2007

What's His Name Again?

Oh yeah, it's coming back to me now... it's Tom, Tom Hosmer. That's right, the man I've been catching only brief glimpses of lately; turns out he's my husband. Dang, I knew he looked familiar. Tom finished up his last class for the semester last nite. Can I get a whoop, whoop?!?!? I am so excited to ditch this single parenting thing for the next 5 weeks or so. I've got 4 more basketball games and then I'll be done with cheerleading. We may just have a "normal" life around Hosmerville for a few weeks or so; but it's been so long, I've forgotten what "normal" is.

Tom came up from the man's room tonite with his grades- they have already been posted online. He finished the semester with a 3.85- he's slightly bummed as his A- has brought his cumulative GPA down to a 3.96. Sheesh, TJ, get a life (I am slightly jealous as I finished my BA with only a 3.87). What can I say, I guess we're just over achievers here in Hosmerville. But really, if you're paying up the wazoo for the credits, you might as well make it worth something. Ok, enough bragging. Here's a peek into our "normal" day today:
  • Lexi choked up bright red Crystal Light on the beige living room carpet this morning
  • Audrey informed me in Target that she wants to be a "badderweena wike Winsee" and then proceeded to stand up in the cart and show me all of her ballerina dance moves- just like Lindsey
  • It took me 6 trips from van to the house to unload the kids and only what I got at Sam's today- the rest of my van's still a mess
  • Audrey panicked in the tub when she saw only the top of her plastic doll's head (with painted brown hair) floating in the water. "I don't want to get in with that turd," she said. I think Lexi's last dump in the tub has permanently traumatized her
  • Tom got some great pics (which, unfortunately, I really shouldn't post) of Austin playing ring toss with some baby links and his little *who ha* while in the bath tonite. That boy sure does have talent
  • I have the shakes and a permanent headache from caffeine withdrawals. In an attempt to lose the 6- yes, 6- pounds I have regained in the past month I have quit drinking coffee. Cold. Turkey. Really, it's more like a lot of cream and sugar and then coffee to top the cup off. The past week or so since I didn't have cream, I've had to make do with heavy whipping cream in my pumpkin spice flavored coffee. It's like pumpkin pie a la mode- yummy. Gee, I wonder why my jeans are tight again?

3 comments:

*lindsey* said...

oh my gosh, she is too funny! I can just see her twirling around. Maybe she'll get a ballerina skirt for Christmas =) (or maybe we will dress Shrek in one hehe) Tell Tom congrats on being finished, it's such a great feeling!

Julie said...

Yeah Tom!!! That's got to be a great feeling of accomplishment. I'm happy to hear that you guys might have a glimpse of normality for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Going cold turkey on coffee? That's the worst form of punishment there is! I don't know whether to congratulate you or send the paramedics - good luck!