11.01.2008

October: What A Month!

We had quite the month around here in Hosmerville. No wonder Austin was psyched that he didn't have school today. He told me he didn't want me waking him up because he was "going to sleep in". If you want to see the pictures in chronological order you'll have to start at the end off this post and work your way towards the top because I'm too lazy to switch it all around;). Tom told Audrey last nite while trick or treating that she was doing really good (as in having fun and getting lots of candy). She responded by saying, "yeah, I'm doing really good, I haven't got smushed by a car yet." Apparently trick or treating can only be successful if you avoid being hit by a car.
Watch out neighbors, here they come!


Stopping by to visit meme and papa collins.

Trick or treating at grandma thomas'.

Austin competing in the Pumpkin Fun Run at school. He was so proud of the little pumpkin token he received after his finish. Worried that he might be too competitive (especially because he had spent all week recovering from an asthma attack) I quizzed him as we got ready for the race.
Me: do you know what's the most important thing to remember today?
Austin: never give up!
Me: well, that's important, too, but it's very important to listen to your body. If you start to hurt, it's okay to slow down and walk until you feel better.
Well, my little dude was so determined he didn't stop to walk once and although a little winded he recovered quickly. He's already planning to participate in next year's doggie dash, informing me that this run would be "good practice". Apparently one needs only to run once 12 months in advance to be properly trained for a 5k run. I'll remember that.

Carving Jack-o-Lanterns:



This was the kids' attempt at making scary faces.

Before the start of Bailey's Doggie Dash. How do I know this pic was taken at the start? Because I was still smiling.

Austin showing some brotherly love at Greenfield Village.

Making a haunted Halloween gingerbread house.

Lexi and Reyna watching the rabbits eat donut crumbs at Flavor Fruit Farms.

Austin and Audrey enjoying their mid-morning sugar rush at FFF.

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

What a great post. I am laughing at Audrey's comment.

Glad to hear that Austin had a fun run.

See you next week.