11.16.2008

Pure Joy

We woke up this morning to a soft dusting of snow on the ground. Now, I'm not really fond of the white stuff, mainly because it's COLD!, but I can appreciate the beauty of a winter snowfall (especially from the inside of a warm home with a great cup of coffee;). I'm pretty sure Lexi was too little to remember any snow from last year so she was especially thrilled with the small taste of a winter wonderland this morning. Tom and I were hurrying around trying to get ready to get to church on time and Lexi kept bursting into the bathroom exclaiming, "it's snowing in the backyard!" (Not the front yard, mind you, just the back=) She was so excited! Then she'd invite us to "come see!" We took several trips to the back door so she could point out the snow on the swing set, the sandbox, the deck.... Anybody else wake up to snow?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

No snow yesterday, but today it's snowing like mad. We could get up to 6 inches I guess. Gotta love "lake affect" snow