11.06.2008

Toy Time

Leslie and I are co-hosting a toy party tonite. I have to admit when I was invited to my first Discovery Toys party I didn't think I was going to be real impressed, but I was wrong. I really like all of the great toys that they offer and my wish list for the kids has grown considerably. The toys, games, and books are educational and different enough for the grown ups to enjoy some quality playtime with the kiddies, too.
I'm hoping to get some Christmas shopping done tonite but I'm really looking forward to some dessert and time with friends and fam. Leslie is graciously providing the venue and I'm baking a pumpkin pie cake. Want the recipe? It's delicious warm from the oven with fresh whipped cream!
~*~*~Pumpkin Pie Cake~*~*~
Beat together :
3 lg. eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
Then add:
2 cups pumpkin
1 lg. can evaporated milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
Pour into a 9X13 pan and then sprinkle 1 box yellow cake mix over the mixture and drizzle 1 1/2 sticks melted butter over the cake mix. Bake @ 350 for 50-60 minutes. (You can add 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans for the last 20 minutes of baking time.)

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I really like Discovery Toys. When I worked at Sparrow Hospital they used to have someone come in and sell Discovery Toys for a few days in the atrium of the professional building. It was so neat to see everything hands on and can really think about if your child would use it. They have really creative toys for the kids too!