12.30.2008

Finally!!!

After all of the fun and excitement of Christmas... finally a day to stay home and relax!!! The entire Hosmer family (minus my FIL) headed to Henry Ford yesterday. The kids enjoyed the museum and we watched Madagascar 2 at the IMAX theater before doing a little shopping at Old Navy and eating at Chili's. I've got some really cute pics of the kids but you all know how efficient I am at getting them off the camera and onto the computer so I'll have to update later;)
Tom had some unused vacation time at work and since their policy is "use it or lose it" he's using it all this week. He's only working tomorrow so it'll be fun having him around. My Christmas present from my in~laws was gift cards to Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Kohls for a new kitchen makeover. Tom ran out to get paint this morning so our little project for the afternoon is going to be painting the kitchen. We have paneling above the cabinets that I want to paint but I'm not looking forward to doing it; other than that, there is not a whole lot of wall space so it shouldn't take too long (key word is shouldn't).
Aside from me working a couple of days (and Tom working 1) this week, we're spending New Year's Eve with my BIL's family, and Tom is driving down to South Carolina with his brother and then flying back home sometime early next week. Austin returns to school next week so we're just going to try to enjoy these last few unscheduled days of 2008.

No comments: