12.31.2008

This Is It For '08! See You Next Year!!!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? started working at Meijer.



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? well, last year I said I wanted to drink more water and use my treadmill more... I've been more successful with the drinking water thing. There are lots of things I would like to accomplish in my life but no "resolutions", no time frame, just a determination to keep working on "things".



3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 3 of my bestest friends all had babies: Mr. Lincoln, Miss Elayna, and Miss Kendall, plus about a 1/2 dozen other little ones.



4. Did anyone close to you die? Tom's aunt Patty.



5. What states/countries did you visit? I'm so lame... I didn't leave Michigan once this year!


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? less stress and worry or a better way to handle it all=)



7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Austin's first day of kindergarten. Christmas because it was a little different this year without my mom here to see the kids open their presents from Santa.



8. What was your biggest achievement? Simplifying life (in the form of 3 huge garage sales).



9. What was your biggest failure? I'm still hurting from this one (and it's too personal to share) but it all basically comes from not trusting God like I should have.



10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a bunch of tests and procedures done recently but my doctor has assured me that the results are all ok and I am "normal". Tom begs to differ. Other than that just some minor cold and flu bugs.



11. What was the best thing you bought? My Dyson!!! I have wanted one for so long and I *love* it!!! Actually, the only reason we were able to rationalize such an extravagant purchase was because Austin's asthma was out of control this fall. Since we couldn't afford to rip out the carpet and put down new floors we went with the next best thing~ a vacuum that actually works! This is what the Dyson sucked up from our living room and hallway carpet the first time we used it. And, I should add, I really do clean my home. I had vacuumed with my old vacuum only 3 days before.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Tom's for finally finishing his associates degree in marketing. Austin's for loving learning and being so independent in kindergarten. Audrey's for loving gymnastics; and Lexi's for being potty trained!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own. Can someone please just admit me?

14. Where did most of your money go? the house and the kids

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Coaching track, putting together my scrapbooking room, Christmas, my kids' accomplishments

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Kid Rock "All Summer Long"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? I'm pretty happy and content b) thinner or fatter? Let's not ask that question right after Christmas... let's say the same, give or take a few pounds=) c) richer or poorer? richer in the long run but only because we've paid off some debt. Definitely feeling pretty poor right now!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Scrapbooking and blogging. Just relaxing with my kids and forgetting about my to~do list.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing over the "imperfections" in my life. Yelling at my kids. Worrying about finances.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families. Hosmer family the Sunday before Christmas. Hrebec family Christmas eve. My brother Micah, and BIL Paul with Tom, the kids and me Christmas morning. My mom came over later in the afternoon and then Christmas nite with Tom's family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Every day more deeply with my kids (and with Tom,too!=).
22. What was your favorite TV program? Little People, Big World, John and Kate plus 8, 17 Kids and Counting (makes me feel better about my life)=), House Hunters, Flip That House, Property Ladder, Redneck Wedding.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Laundry, she is my new worst enemy. the sight of her makes me sick. She is so needy always wanting attention and turning into a monster if I don't give it to her.
24. What was the best book you read? Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Right now I'm into magazines (I *love* and highly recommend Wondertime for parents)~ They're short and quick and I can read them article by article.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Figuring out how to add a playlist to my blog.
26. What did you want and get? My Dyson! my kitchen repainted, a scrapbook room... too much to even list- I have been blessed!
27. What did you want and not get? The credit cards paid off (I may be saying that for awhile...) so let's see, something different from last year. A new tattoo~ I want stars for each of the kids. And I want dining room furniture that doesn't fall apart on my guests! Sorry, mom!
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I'm waaaayyy behind on my list of must see movies. I think one of the very few "adult" movies I saw this year was 27 Dresses. Very chick~flick, very cute!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 28. I had a really good day.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not being so stressed about money. And if we had had a little more, enjoying the finer things in life that money brings~ family vacays, activities with the kids, dinners out.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? What fashion concept!?! Audrey rocks it better than I do.
32. What kept you sane? Blogging~ it's so theraputic. Having the time I was working as a time of quiet reflection, play dates, and girls' nites out.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I read People but I didn't go ga~ga over anyone in particular this year.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election
35. Who did you miss? No one- everyone is close by
36. Who was the best new person you met? Coffee. She is my favorite and my best. I don't know how I would have made it through this year without her by my side (in my cup;)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Sometimes it's ok, even for the best, to let go. Just keep trusting God.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "You've already won me over, in spite of me. Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet. Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are, I couldn't help it!... Alanis Morrisette (Because I am amazed that I fall deeper in love with my kiddos every single day!)

No comments: