12.17.2008

Snow Day

Today we're snowbound, enjoying an unexpected vacay from our very busy week before Christmas. My MIL called at 6 this morning to tell us school was closed (she teaches at the HS so she gets all of the inside info;) Since I worked 3rd last nite, I was very content to just stay under the comforter until the kids forced my butt out of bed. The phone did at 9:30 and we've just been taking it easy since then. Austin was absolutely thrilled with his very first "snow day".
I'm hoping to get caught up on laundry, get clean sheets on the beds, and bake some Christmas cookies for Austin to take to school tomorrow. My last basketball game of the season was scheduled for tonite and has also been canceled. My cheerleaders were planning on coming to the house after school today for a Christmas party and that's been postponed until tomorrow. So plans have been changed. Today is a day of no schedules, if it gets done, it gets done; if not we'll do it tomorrow. Happy snow day!

2 comments:

Me said...

Snow days are always a plus. Hope you enjoyed your "un"scheduled day :)

Ryan said...

Man, I really miss snow days. Now when I wake up to a bunch of snow it's more of a pain than a pleasure.