3.10.2009

Yes, I (Occasionally) Feed My Son

Tom called on his way home from work last Friday nite to see where we were going to eat dinner to celebrate his first week at Hubbards. Knowing the kids were hungry and tired (which equals dining disaster in Hosmerville) we decided on Subway which is right up the road. I got off the phone with Tom and told the kids that we were going to Subway for dinner. Austin gasped and exclaimed, "I like that place! It smells sooo good!"
While waiting our turn in line I asked Austin if he wanted a footlong (thinking he'd split it with the girls) and he said, "yeah, a 5 dollar footlong!" (just like in those stupid commercials.) We sat down to eat and I gave the girls some of my sub to get them started, thinking that Austin would eat maybe half of his sandwich and be full so that the girls could finish the other half. The next time I looked the whole sandwich was gone! My scrawny 44lb. little man inhaled the whole ($5) footlong! (And just that morning I was expressing my concern to his doctor at his 6 year check~up because he's such a picky eater and has gotten so skinny. At 6years old, 44 lbs. puts him in the 39th percentile for weight and 46 1/2 inches puts him in the 68th percentile for height.)

No comments: