11.23.2007

Hosmerville Turkey Day Awards

and the award goes to....
  • Most Memorable Moment Thanksgiving Eve: my brother "relieving" himself... on my front porch... in Austin's jack-o-lantern. At least this happened at 2:30 in the morning. It seems as if only I was awake to witness this as I didn't get any calls from irate neighbors. He claims he was sleepwalking. I am convinced that alcohol was a factor.
  • Most Memorable Moment Thanksgiving Morning: waking up to snow covering the ground.
  • Most Memorable Moment Thanksgiving Afternoon: my mom having the kids at her house so I could do last minute preparations without the munchkins underfoot.
  • Most Memorable Moment Thanksgiving Evening: Having my grandpa pray before the meal with all of my family together. Knowing that all of the hard work was over and I could finally relax.
  • Most Tasty Thanksgiving Dish: my grandma's homemade apple pie, or was it the mashed potatoes, or my mom's stuffing, or Rona's sweet potatoes? Hmm, this is a tough one. I think the whole menu has to share this honor.
  • Most Wanted Item From Target's 2 Day Sale Ad: Disney's Ratatouille DVD @ $14. Santa had already budgeted $20 for this gift. Santa always loves a good bargain!
  • Most Pleasant Thanksgiving Surprise: the tornadoes that swept through the kids' rooms were only rated F1 in mass of destruction. A far cry from the usual F4 or F5 destruction that usually occurs when little guests visit.
  • Best Perk of Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner: a house that's clean from top to bottom.
  • Most Memorable Moment Thanksgiving Day After: leftovers.
  • Most Thankful For This Holiday Season: all of God's wonderful blessings, both big and small.

Hope your day was as good as mine!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww I love this post! What a neat idea to remember those "memorable" moments from holidays. And it'd be a great scrapbook page, too!

Julie said...

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was a complete success. I'm glad everything worked out and you had fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Zoe said...

sounds great! except the whole urine in the pumpkin thing!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I think that is hillarious about Micah. I am sure he was just sleep walking. *wink wink*. :)