11.12.2007

Mommy Time- Woo Hoo!!!

I don't think we have been to church as a family of 5 for at least a month now. Lexi woke up coughing with a runny green nose yesterday, so Tom went to church with Austin and Audrey and I stayed home with my little patient. Austin and Audrey were super excited to be heading off to church because it was the morning to turn in gift boxes for Operation Christmas Child- a really neat ministry run by Samaritan's Purse. It's a great concept: fill a shoebox with necessities (toothbrush, soap, etc.) and Christmas goodies (some small toys, crayons, stickers), throw in some candy and gum and then take the box to a drop-off point. From there, volunteers take it to a distribution center where the boxes get checked and then sent to needy communities all over the world. So here are the kids with the boxes they packed for their "poor friends":


I had lunch on the table by the time they got home and then I jetted over to my mom's to pick her up for an out-of-town shopping excursion at Somerset Collections. Neither my mom nor I got anything for ourselves, but of course, the kids made out well. My mom picked up chamois pillowcases at PBK for each of the kids and I got some stocking stuffers. I didn't want to buy too much this weekend because next weekend we're going to Bronner's in Frankenmuth and the outlets at Birch Run. For 7 glorious hours I enjoyed grown-up conversation and talked without being interrupted. I was responsible for only myself. My mom and I browsed through Tiffany's (TJ, I found my Christmas present), Kate Spade, Z Gallerie, Williams Sonoma, GAP baby, Pottery Barn Kids, and Pottery Barn. I enjoyed lunch without having to first cut up someone else's meal into tiny bite-sized pieces and without having to share half of what was on my plate. I didn't have to take anyone but myself potty. I even indulged in a ridiculously expensive pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks- yummy! I returned relaxed, refreshed, and ready to jump back into mommyhood.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

sounds like the perfect day!

Julie said...

How fun!!! I'm glad that you got a refresher day! We all need that once in awhile! And it's neat that you got to spend the day with your mom.

Me said...

I think I need one of those too!