11.21.2007

A Martha Stewart Wanna Be

I have 18 guests coming for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. The countdown has begun. T minus 20 hours and counting. I'm exhausted. I have a bathroom to clean (I HATE cleaning bathrooms), a living room to dust (no, I cannot put it off, yes, it really is that bad), nose and fingerprints to wipe off of the front picture window, 2 tables to set, and my whole house is in desperate need of vacuuming. If I get a chance, I'd like to make some cute place cards for everyone at the table. I bought a stamp set from Stampin' Up last month just for this little project; but we'll see. That's just my list of things to do before going to bed.
Tomorrow I have to get all of the food prepared (well, most of it) with 3 kids running around all while trying to keep them from destroying my "perfectly" clean home. Like that will really matter anyway. When will I learn that 2 minutes after the first guests walk in it doesn't really matter if the dishwasher has been unloaded a final time or if all of the dirty laundry isn't downstairs. Like I've said before, don't open my closets or peek into the garage and definitely don't look on my husband's side of the bed! Happy Thanksgiving Eve, all!

1 comment:

Julie said...

18 people...that's a lot!!! I hope your day turned out great! In my house, it's don't look in our closet and MY side of the bed. :)
Happy Thanksgiving.