11.15.2007

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

...why I was MIA yesterday in blog world. Here were Lindsey's choices:
a). I'm a busy mom.
b). Blogspot shut me down because they were suspicious my blog was spam.
BTW, Lindsey, I stalk you like you stalk me so I'm glad I now know why I couldn't get to your blog last nite. I hope you got everything cleared up so I can stay up-to-date on what's going down in K-zoo. I'll be checking in on you soon.

Anyhow, the answer is:
c). It was one of those rare days around Hosmerville where everything was practically normal. The kids and I chilled at home until I had to head to the school for team pictures. I met Tom there, did a kid switch-a-roo and jumped on the bus to Tekonsha (don't ask me where that is- I have no idea). Tom took Austin and Audrey to Cubbies at church where they generously donated a can of beets and mixed vegetables from our pantry to the food drive at the church. I'm not real sure what that was all about. Since I've been having games on Wednesday nites and Tom's been taking the kids, I'm a bit out of the Cubbie loop. But Austin informed me that he was supposed to bring in a can of food for the "poor kids". Um, honey, that's us.
I arrived back from the game early and walked home. In heels. In the dark. Praying the whole time that a raper/murderer wouldn't find me clomping through the neighborhood. I did have my mommy purse with me so I figured if I could get in one good swing with it I might have a chance to beat him to the safety of my home. Never mind that I walk my neighborhood all of the time but in the dark it's scary. Thank goodness I was able to find a pair of Lexi's mittens in my purse so at least the tips of my fingers stayed warm.
So I hope you're breathing easier now, Lindsey. In the future, I'll try to be more responsible about my blogging duties. After all, I have stalkers to keep happy.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I'm so jealous that you wear heels. I have to chase the kids way to frequently and I haven't been able to master the 100 yard dash in them :( Also glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.